Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WEXFORD, KILLEGNEY, CHURCH (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. WEXFORD, KILLEGNEY, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1827
Nature: New church, consecrated 1 Oct 1827, built with loan of £830 from Board of First Fruits (cf. Clonmore, Clone, Preban). Spire added post 1834. New chancel, 1906. General restoration, 1912.
Refs: J.B. Leslie, Ferns Clergy and Parishes (1936), 183; exterior illus in Clergy of Waterford, Lismore and Ferns (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2008), 451;  exterior and interior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 347.

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. WEXFORD, KILLEGNEY, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1877-79
Nature: 3rd Baron Carew to repair and improve church under direction of JFF. Plans propose removal of flat ceiling, exposing timbers, new pulpit, reading desk and chancel rail, tiling of E end with encaustic tiles. Church reopened 23 Feb 1879. after repairs and improvements: S porch closed and new door opened through tower; new pews; new chance, laid in rich encaustic tiles, new oak pulpit,; new Caen stone font.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 19, no. 214, 1 Feb 1877, 51; no. 216, 1 Apr 1877, 118; 21, no. 240, 1 Mar 1879, 462;  interior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 347.

Name: WATSON, JAMES, & CO. *
Building: CO. WEXFORD, KILLEGNEY, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1900
Nature: 2-light window in N wall of nave (Christ as Good shepherd; Christ as Light of the World).
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/2897/ (last visited, Dec 2016).