Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DONEGAL, CONVOY, CHURCH OF ST FINIAN (RC)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DONEGAL, CONVOY, CHURCH OF ST FINIAN (RC)
Date: 1786ca
Nature: New church.
Refs: Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, Ordnance Survery Memoirs of Ireland 39 (Institute of Irish Studies, 1997), 18; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 213

Name: O'NEILL, JOHN
Building: CO. DONEGAL, CONVOY, CHURCH OF ST FINIAN (RC)
Date: 1867
Nature: Addition of chancel, belfry, sacristy & high altar, dedicated 25 Mar 1867, attributed to O'N by Tracey on stylistic grounds. Fro Rev. - McMenamin.
Refs: J.J. Tracey, 'A dissertation on the buildings of John O'Neill and O'Neill and Byrne, architects, 1862-1883', unpublished thesis presented as part of Master of Architecture degree course, Queen's University, Belfast, 1987, 135-6