||CO. DERRY, GARVAGH, CHURCH OF ST PAUL (CI, ERRIGAL PARISH)
||'The church was built in 1760 by George Canning Esquire, ancestor of the present George Canning…It was erected for the purposes of a chapel of ease and has continued to be since the decay of the old church in Ballintemple…'
Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, eds.Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland, Vol. 27, 37; exterior illus. in Clergy of Derry & Raphoe (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1999), 77.