Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DERRY, CAVANREAGH (SIX TOWNS), CHURCH OF ST ANNE (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DERRY, CAVANREAGH (SIX TOWNS), CHURCH OF ST ANNE (CI)
Date: 1840-43
Nature: New chapel-of-ease in parish of Ballynascreen.  FS laid Mar 1840 by J. Stevenson of Fortwilliam, Co. Derry. . Consecrated 10 Aug 1843. Tower and hall type with 3-bay nave and lancet windows.
Refs: Christian Examiner, 1, no. 8, 1 Aug 1840, 255;  J.B. Leslie, Derry Clegy and Parishes (1937), 271; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 249;  illus. in Clergy of Derry & Raphoe (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1999), 43.