Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DERRY, DESERTMARTIN, CHURCH OF ST COMGALL (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DERRY, DESERTMARTIN, CHURCH OF ST COMGALL (CI)
Date: 1820-21
Nature: New church with 4-bay nave, square tower and vestry room on N side. Cost: £950.
Refs: Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, eds. Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland Vol. 31, 54; Clergy of Derry & Raphoe (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1999), Pt 1, 64(illus.); J.B. Leslie, Derry Clegy and Parishes (1937), 183; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 231; Clergy of Derry & Raphoe (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1999), Pt 1, 64(illus.)

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. DERRY, DESERTMARTIN, CHURCH OF ST COMGALL (CI)
Date: 1869
Nature: Additon of N transept and robing room. Contractor: George Tipping.
Refs: Signed, dated drawing(s), also inscr. with name of contractor, in RCB Library, portfolio 10; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 231