Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. TYRONE, POMEROY, CHURCH (CI, ALTEDESERT PERPETUAL CURACY)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. TYRONE, POMEROY, CHURCH (CI, ALTEDESERT PERPETUAL CURACY)
Date: 1840-41
Nature: Church for new perpetual curacy, established 1840 out of Pomeroy and Desertcreat. Consecrated 7 Apr 1841.
Refs: J.B. Leslie, Armagh Clergy & Parishes (1911), 88

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. TYRONE, POMEROY, CHURCH (CI, ALTEDESERT PERPETUAL CURACY)
Date: 1862
Nature: Enlargement by addition of new S aisle with porch on w end and extension of nave to form new chancel & vestry. Contractor: John Jennings.
Refs: Signed drawing(s), also signed by John Jennings, contractor, Sep 1862, in RCB Library, portfolio 2A; DB 4, 1 Aug 1862, 199;  Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 126(illus.).

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. TYRONE, POMEROY, CHURCH (CI, ALTEDESERT PERPETUAL CURACY)
Date: 1878
Nature: Improvements, including new pulpit, raising and tiling of E end, new reading and lecture desks.  Tower and spire with bell erected by John & Armar Lowry for £600.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 21, no. 238, 1 Jan 1879, 393.