Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, DEAN STREET, CHURCH OF ST CANICE (RC)

Name: ROBERTSON, WILLIAM
Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, DEAN STREET, CHURCH OF ST CANICE (RC)
Date: 1824-1827
Nature: New church; 'handome modern edifice, in the later English style' (Lewis). FS laid 17 Mar 1824.
Refs: Douglas Scott Richardson, Gothic Revival Architecture in Ireland (1983), 215, Pl.113;  Robertson's authorship from article by Walter Walsh in In the Shadow the Steeple 10 (Tullaherin Heritage Society, 2009), ? (information from John Kirwan, Kilkenny, 2010); date of foundation inscr. on drawings by Ralph Henry Byrne formerly in office archives of W.H. Byrne & Son.

Name: BYRNE, RALPH HENRY
Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, DEAN STREET, CHURCH OF ST CANICE (RC)
Date: 1924-1926
Nature: Repairs and improvements to church (founded 17 Mar 1824).
Refs: Designs, dated 1924, formerly in office archives of W.H. Byrne & Son;   IB 66, 17 May 1924, 446; 68, 1926, 21