||CO. CORK, BALLYDEHOB, CHURCH OF ST MATTHIAS (CI)
||'At Ballydehob is a very handsome church, in the later English style, erected in 1829 as a chapel of ease [in parish of Schull], at an expense of £600, a gift from the late Board of First Fruits' (Lewis) (Chancel and western bays of nave added later.)
S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 561; exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 364(illus.).