Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CORK, BLARNEY, CHURCH OF THE RESURRECTION (CI, GARRYCLOYNE PARISH)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. CORK, BLARNEY, CHURCH OF THE RESURRECTION (CI, GARRYCLOYNE PARISH)
Date: 1776ca;1835
Nature: New church, described by Lewis as 'a handsome building of the Doric order'. Enlarged in 1835. Described by an Windele as being' of plain cruciform plan' and spireless.
Refs: S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), 212,650; J. Windele, Historical and Descriptive Notices of the City of Cork (1849), ?;  Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 365(illus.).

Name: SCANNELL, PATRICK *
Building: CO. CORK, BLARNEY, CHURCH OF THE RESURRECTION (CI, GARRYCLOYNE PARISH)
Date: 1861
Nature: 'A handsome marble altar has been fitted up in the parish church of Blarney by Mr Scannell, of Cork' (Should this be Blarney RC church, q.v.?)
Refs:  DB 3, 1 Jun 1861, 530.

Name: HARDMAN, JOHN, & CO *
Building: CO. CORK, BLARNEY, CHURCH OF THE RESURRECTION (CI, GARRYCLOYNE PARISH)
Date: 1867
Nature: Stained-glass E window (Resurrection) in memory of Aug[ustus?] Vivian, 1867..
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/location/building/3219/ (last visited Jul 2009).