||CO. ARMAGH, MARKETHILL, MAIN STREET, CHURCH (CI, MULLAGHBRACK OR MULLABRACK PARISH)
||New chapel of ease in parish of Mullaghbrack bearing datestone of 1859. Was formerly old court house, which was licensed for divine service on 4 Nov 1851 and opened for worship, 16 Nov 1851. Building purchased for £600 by Lord John De La Poer Beresford, rector of the parish, on his retirement in 1859. According to Mulligan it was rebuilt at this point; address from parisioners of early 1860 describes church as 'built by his Lordship while he was rector of the parish at a cost of upwards of £500'. Consecrated by Bishop of Kilmore, for Primate, 16 Jul 1861.
Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 2.no. 9, 15 Mar 1860, 211; Armagh Guardian, 22 Nov 1851; 26 Jul 1861; J.B. Leslie, Armagh Clergy & Parishes (1911), 385; Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 444.