Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. ARMAGH, PORTADOWN, METHODIST CHURCH (OLD)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. ARMAGH, PORTADOWN, METHODIST CHURCH (OLD)
Date: 1832
Nature: 'situated in the townland of Tannagh...a neat whinstone building corniced with freestone..60 and a half feet lopng and 40 and a half feet broad, having two minarets in fron and portico projecting 18 inches. It was built in 1832…'
Refs: Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland, Vol. 1: Parishes of Co. Armagh, 1835-9, 29