Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, KILCLIEF, CHURCH OF ST CAELAN (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DOWN, KILCLIEF, CHURCH OF ST CAELAN (CI)
Date: 1843a
Nature: New church built between 1834 and 1843, when it was completed. Simple3-bay hall with lancet windows, bellcote on W gable with quatrefoil window below it.
Refs: G.P. Bell, C.E.B. Brett, R. Matthew, Portaferry & Strangford (UAHS, 1969), 35 (no. 158); Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996),130(illus.);  exterior also illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 190.