Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, BALLYWARD, CHURCH (CI, DRUMGOOLAND PARISH)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DOWN, BALLYWARD, CHURCH (CI, DRUMGOOLAND PARISH)
Date: 1821-22
Nature: New church on piece of ground granted by William Beers. FS laid 18 Jun 1821 . Consecrated 1822.
Refs: JRSAI 19 (1889), 323-4;  Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 189(illus.);  exterior also illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 198.

Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. DOWN, BALLYWARD, CHURCH (CI, DRUMGOOLAND PARISH)
Date: 1860
Nature: Proposed enlargement by new N aisle and vestry 'according to plans by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners' architects'.
Refs: Unsigned drawing(s), dated 1860, in RCB Library, portfolio 12; DB 2, 1 Jun 1860, 282; Fred Rankin, ed., Clergy of Down and Dromore (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1996), 189.