Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, BALLYNAHINCH, CHARTER SCHOOL

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. DOWN, BALLYNAHINCH, CHARTER SCHOOL
Date: 1735
Nature: Opened 1735 for 30 children. (Edward McParland suggests that note that Bishop of Dromore is to pay Richard Castle's clerk, 1736/7, in TCD MS 5419 f.30 could refer to building of this school.)
Refs: Gentleman's & Citizen's Almanack (1750), ?; John Angell, A General history of Ireland (1781), 79