Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. ANTRIM, WHITEHEAD, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI)

Name: TAGGART, WILLIAM DAVID REDMOND
Building: CO. ANTRIM, WHITEHEAD, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI)
Date: 1907-1908
Nature: New church to accommodate about 400 in connection with parishes of Templecorran, Kilroot and Islandmagee. In front of parochial hall. FS laid 1907. Consecrated by Bishop of Down, 1908. Cost: £3,500. Contractor: James Kidd, Antrim Rd, Belfast. Cut stone by Thomas Blayney, Middlepath St, Belfast.
Refs: IB 49, 2 Nov 1907, 754,762; 50, 8 Aug 1908, 493; B 93, 9 Nov 1907, 503; Clergy of Connor (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1993), 191;  exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 229.