Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. SLIGO, BALLYSADARE, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI)

Name: UNKNOWN ARCHITECT
Building: CO. SLIGO, BALLYSADARE, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI)
Date: 1839-1840
Nature: New chapel of ease, 48 ft. by 28 ft, with semicircular apse and tower. Opened 4 Oct 1840. Cost £2,000, all paid for by Edward Joshua Cooper of Markree Castle. (O'Rorke describes church as Gothic but actually neo-Norman)
Refs: Christian Examiner, 1, no. 11, 1 Nov 1840, 350;  Terence O'Rorke, History of Ballysadare and Kilvarnet, p. 136;  Clergy of Kilmore, Elphin and Ardagh (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2008), 212illus.);
exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 273;  exterior also illus in Gloine http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3040/ (last visited Sep 2015).
 
 

Name: WILLEMENT, THOMAS *#
Building: CO. SLIGO, BALLYSADARE, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI)
Date: 1862
Nature: Stained glass window (Calling of St Matthew) in south wall of nave.
Refs: Gloine http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3040/ (last visited Sep 2015).