Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. TIPPERARY, CARRICK-ON-SUIR, CHURCH (CI)

Name: PAIN, JAMES
Building: CO. TIPPERARY, CARRICK-ON-SUIR, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1838
Nature: Proposed new church? 4-bay rectangular plan, with porches at W. & bellcote on W. gable. Gallery at W end. (Was it executed? Not built when entry in Parliamentary Gazetteer (1844) was written)
Refs: Drawing, signed James Pain, March 1838(?), in RCB Library, portfolio 27.

Name: FULLER, JAMES FRANKLIN
Building: CO. TIPPERARY, CARRICK-ON-SUIR, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1880-82
Nature: Addition of chancel, 1880, re-pewing, and other important additions (Egan).
Refs: IB 22, 1 Jul 1880, 193;  Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 24, no. 5, 4 Feb 1882, 75;  P.M. Egan, History, guide and directory of county and city of Waterford [1894], 683.