Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CARLOW, CARLOW, SCHOOLS

Name: MCCURDY, JOHN
Building: CO. CARLOW, CARLOW, SCHOOLS
Date: 1867
Nature: New schools to accommodate 150. Entire building elevated on raised terrace. Granite with limestone bands and red brick dressings. For R. Clayton Browne, who gave site and money. Contractor: Joseph F. Lynch, Carlow.
Refs: IB 9, 1 Apr 1867, 82,83(illus.),90; Frederick O'Dwyer, The Architecture of Deane and Woodward (Cork University Press, 1997), 407