Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Stained-glass artist, of Brussels, for whom see Encylopaedia Britannica (1911 edition). Irish churches in which windows from J.B. Capronnier's studio were erected include the Church of Ireland church at Crom, Co. Fermanagh (1869), Lower Badoney Church of Ireland church, at Gortin, Co. Tyrone (1872) and St Peter's Church of Ireland church in Drogheda, Co. Louth (1874).

See WORKS, for Irish work only.




4 work entries listed in chronological order for CAPRONNIER, JEAN-BAPTISTE *#


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. FERMANAGH, CROM, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI)
Date: 1869
Nature: Triple-lancet E window (Christ blessing children). (Costegalde and Walker say that chancel was added 'around 1867'.)
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3066/ (last visited, Apr 2015);  Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 245.

Building: CO. TYRONE, GORTIN, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (CI, LOWER BADONEY PARISH)
Date: 1872
Nature: Double lancet stained glass window by JBC in memory of Emily Catherine Cole-Hamilton.
Refs: Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 311;  Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3336/ (last visited, Dec 2014).

Building: CO. LOUTH, DROGHEDA, PETER'S HILL, CHURCH OF ST PETER (CI)
Date: 1876
Nature: Stained glass window, representing Dorcas and Good Samaritan, in memory of rectror's wife, Harriete Eccles (d. 1874) erected in S wall of nave.
Refs: IB 18, 15 Jun 1876, 183;  Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 18, no. 206, 23 Jun 1876, 181;  Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 238;  illus. in Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3390/ (last visited, Sep 2015).

Building: CO. LOUTH, DROGHEDA, PETER'S HILL, CHURCH OF ST PETER (CI)
Date: 1876
Nature: Stained glass window, representing Dorcas and Good Samaritan, in memory of rectror's wife, Harriete Eccles (d. 1874) erected in S wall of nave.
Refs: IB 18, 15 Jun 1876, 183;  Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 18, no. 206, 23 Jun 1876, 181;  Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 238;  illus. in Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3390/ (last visited, Sep 2015).