Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

English stained glass makers, of Frome, Somerset. The studio was established in Mells, Somerset, by three brothers: Edwin Horwood (1834-1892), Harry Horwood (1838-1917) and Mark Horwood(1840-1904).  It subsequently moved to Frome, Somerset, and was in existence until 1881.  Harry Horwood left the English business to establish a successful career as a stained glass maker in Canada and the United States.  For Ireland Mssrs Horwood made a three-light East window for Drumsnatt Church of Ireland church, Co. Monaghan.(1)

See WORKS.






References

Biographica information is taken from the Watertown Daily Times, 31 Mar 2015 http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/blogs/horwood-stained-glass-a-legacy-deserving-preservation-20150331 (last visited, Sep 2015).


(1) Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 19, no. 213, 1 Jan 1877.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for HORWOOD, MSSRS. *#


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. MONAGHAN, DRUMSNATT, CHURCH OF ST MOLUA (CI)
Date: 1876
Nature: E window erected in memory of REv. W. Nassau Thomson, son of Robert Thomson of Thornhill.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 19, no. 213, 1 Jan 1877, 15.