Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder and/or architect, active in Co. Kilkenny, between 1849 and 1856.   Patrick O'Toole collaborated with JOSEPH WRIGHT JOSEPH WRIGHT , in the design and construction of the Capuchin church of St Francis in Kilkenny (1849), the courthouse in Gowran, Co. Kilkenny (1855-56) and the addition of flanking wings to Kilfane House, Co. Kilkenny (1855-56).



References



(1) The Tablet
,  20 Jan 1849 (information kindly supplied by Brian Kirby, Provincial Archivist, Irish Capuchin Provincial Archives, Church Street, Dublin, Aug 2015);  according to this source, Wright was a Protestant, which would appear to imply that O'Toole was a Catholic.
(4) www.buildingsofireland.ie (last visited, Aug 2015).
(5) http://www.buildingsofireland.ie (last visited, Aug 2015).


3 work entries listed in chronological order for O'TOOLE, PATRICK *


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, CHURCH OF ST FRANCIS (RC, CAPUCHIN)
Date: 1848-49
Nature: New church designed and built by P.O'T wotj Joseph Wright. for Father Mulligan and Father Flynn.
Refs: The Tablet,  20 Jan 1849 (information kindly supplied by Brian Kirby, Provincial Archivist, Irish Capuchin Provincial Archives, Church Street, Dublin, Aug 2015).

Building: CO. KILKENNY, GOWRAN, COURT HOUSE
Date: 1855-56
Nature: New court house. Designed and built by P.O'T. with Joseph Wright.
Refs: www.buildingsofireland.ie (last visited, Aug 2015).

Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILFANE HOUSE
Date: 1855-56
Nature: Addition of flanking wings, Designed and built by P.O'T. with Joseph Wright..  For Sir John Power, 2nd Bt.
Refs: www.buildingsofireland.ie (last visited, Aug 2015).