Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Stained glass and mosaic workshop, of Innsbruck, Austria.   The Tiroler Glasmalerei, which was founded in Innsbruck in 1861, is still in production today (2014).(1)  Examples of its work are to be found worldwide, including two windows in Ireland, at Donegore Church of Ireland church, Co. Antrim (formerly at Loughanmore House, Co. Antrim) and Portadown Church of Ireland church, Co. Armagh.(2)

See WORKS, for Irish work only.



References



(1) http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiroler_Glasmalerei_und_Mosaik_Anstalt (last visited, Aug 2014).
(2)   Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/search/window/studio.90/results (last visited, Aug 2014).


2 work entries listed in chronological order for TIROLER GLASMALEREI *#


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. LOUTH, LOUGHANMORE HOUSE (DUNADRY)
Date: 1884
Nature: 2 stained glass lancets in chapel (Christ's charge to St Peter; St Peter declares his faith in Christ).  For Henry Adair. (Moved to Donegore Church of Ireland church, Co. Antrim, in 1984.)
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/window/16094/ (last visited, Aug 2014).

Building: CO. ARMAGH, PORTADOWN, CHURCH OF ST MARK (CI)
Date: 1894p
Nature: Stained glass triple lancet window in N transept (Transfiguration) in memory of - Bredon (d. 1894).
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/window/15901/ (last visited, Aug 2014).