Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

English architect, for whom see Directory of British Architects 1834-1914 (RIBA 2001), 417-8, and Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fellowes_Prynne.  Prynne, who was primarily and ecclesiastical architect, especially noted for his screens, designed the stone reredos for Armagh Church of Ireland cathedral in 1913.(1)  He was the father of Harold Fellowes Prynne, ARIBA, who was diocesan architect for the Church of Ireland diocese of Tuam from 1942 or earlier until circa 1963. A number of the latter's designs for rectories in the diocese are in the Representative Church Body Library, Dublin. GH/49-56.





References



(1) Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 103. 


1 work entries listed in chronological order for PRYNNE, GEORGE HALFORD FELLOWES #


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. ARMAGH, ARMAGH, CATHEDRAL PLACE, ST PATRICK'S CATHEDRAL (CI)
Date: 1913
Nature: Reredos, carved in Corsham stone by H.H. Martyn & Sons, Cheltenham, 1913.
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 103.