Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Stained glass makers, of Manchester.  The studio of Edmundson & Son was founded in 1854 by Ralph Bolton Edmundson (d. 1864). who had previously established the stained glass department at Pilkington Brothers of  Helen's, Lancashire.  Under his son, James, it continued in business until 1890.  There are windows by the firm in at least three Irish churches: at Bannow, Co. Wexford, Fontstown, Co. Wicklow and Glaslough, Co. Monaghan.

See WORKS.




References



(1) Information from Stained Glass in Wales, http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/person/599 (last visited, Feb 2014), English census records for 1861 and Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/search/window/studio.28/results (last visited, Feb 2014).


3 work entries listed in chronological order for EDMUNDSON & SON *#


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. MONAGHAN, GLASLOUGH, CHURCH OF ST SALVATOR (CI, DONAGH PARISH)
Date: 1858ca
Nature: Patterned stained-glass windows in N wall.
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 337.


Building: CO. KILDARE, FONTSTOWN, CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST (CI)
Date: 1859
Nature: Triple-light E window (Faith, Hope & Charity).   Erected in memory of Rev. John Bagot (d. 1858), rector of parish for 47 years, his wife, Olivia,  and his father Rev. Walter Bagot (d. 1815), rector of Monasterevan, by 11 surviving children of Rev. John Bagot.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 2, no  4 (15 Oct 1859), 76;  Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/2958/ (last visited, Feb 2014).

Building: CO. WEXFORD, BANNOW, CHURCH OF ST PAUL (CI)
Date: 1874ca
Nature: 3 stained-glass lancets in S transept (Faith, Hope & Charity). For - Boyse.
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/2909/ (last visited, Feb 2014).