Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder or architect, of Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan. who built a five-bay red brick house in Main Street, Carrickmacross, in 1773,(1) and completed the church of St Finbarr (CI) in the same town in 1792.(2)

See WORKS.



References



(1) Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 214,221.
(2) Mulligan, op. cit., 216. 


2 work entries listed in chronological order for BYRNE, HENRY *


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. MONAGHAN, CARRICKMACROSS, MAIN STREET (& PARNELL STREET), HOUSE
Date: 1773
Nature: New  5-bay, red brick building built by HB and John Green.
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 214,221.

Building: CO. MONAGHAN, CARRICKMACROSS, CHURCH OF ST FINNBARR (CI, MAGHEROSS PARISH)
Date: 1788-1792
Nature: New church, completed by HB in 1792.
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013),  216;  illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 146.