Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Hothouse builders and heating engineers, of Balcarres Street, Edinburgh, with branches in Glasgow and London. The company, a leader in its field, was founded around 1850 and gained a Royal Warrantin 1892.  For Ireland they designed the conservatory at Farmleigh, Dublin, for the Earl of Iveagh in 1901.(1)



References



(1) Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 298.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for MACKENZIE & MONCUR *#


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DUBLIN, FARMLEIGH HOUSE (CASTLEKNOCK)
Date: 1901
Nature: Conservatory adjoining ballroom, for 1st Viscount Iveagh.
Refs: Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 298.