Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Stained-glass designer and painter.   Beatrice Elvery, the second daughter of William Elvery, a Dublin businessman, studied art at the Metropolitan School of Art under William Orpen.  In 1903 she was invited by SARAH HENRIETTA PURSER  SARAH HENRIETTA PURSER to become a designer for An Tur Gloine, Purser's newly-established stained-glass studio, and as such she designed a number of stained glass windows in Ireland before her marriage to Charles Campbell, Lord Glenavy in 1912.




2 work entries listed in chronological order for ELVERY, BEATRICE (LADY GLENAVY) *


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, ST STEPHEN'S CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1907
Nature: Designed stained glass window (Christ disputing with the doctors) in S wall of nave for An Tur Gloine studio.
Refs: Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 559, Pl.85.

Building: CO. ARMAGH, GRANGE (LOUGHGALL), CHURCH OF ST AIDAN (CI)
Date: 1910
Nature:  E window (4 Evangelists; Parables, Ascension) in memory of Sir Capel Molyneux.
Refs: Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3416/ (last visited, Feb 2014).