Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Stained-glass manufactureres of 29 North Street and 205 Woodstock Road, Belfast, active circa 1900.   The firm of J.R. Carlisle & Wilson appears in the Belfast and Province of Ulster directory for 1901, described as 'glass and colour merchants, leaded light manufacturers, glass stainers, embossers, bevellers, and silverers'.   It is no longer listed in the edition for 1907. It supplied three-light Ascension windows for the Church of Ireland churches at Drumachose, Co. Derry,(1) and Killea, Co. Donegaly(2) in 1899 and 1900 respectively.

See WORKS.



References



(1) B 77, 23 Dec 1899, 592.
(2) Building News 78, ? ? 1900, 108.


2 work entries listed in chronological order for CARLISLE & WILSON *


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DERRY, LIMAVADY, CHRIST CHURCH (CI, DRUMACHOSE PARISH)
Date: 1899
Nature: 3-light Ascension window.
Refs: B 77, 23 Dec 1899, 592.

Building: CO. DONEGAL, CARRIGANS, CHURCH OF ST FIACH (CI, KILLEA PARISH)
Date: 1900
Nature: 3-light Ascension window
Refs: Building News 78, ? ? 1900, 108.