Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Surveyor and engineer, active from, 1809 or earlier until 1841 or later.  Patrick Knight, who, according to Wilkins, was a native of Co. Mayo, was employed by the Bogs Commission from 1809 to 1812 and later by the Irish Valuation Office.   He acted as an assistant to WILLIAM BALD  WILLIAM BALD and to ALEXANDER NIMMO [1]  ALEXANDER NIMMO [1] in Co. Mayo.  He was living in Dublin in 1841, when he became a member of the Institution of Civil Engineers.

Address:  Lower Baggot Street, Dublin, 1841.(1)



References

All information in this entry is from Sarah Bendall, ed., Dictionary of Land Surveyors and Local Map-Makers of Great Britain and Ireland 1530-1850 (2nd edition, 1997), 299, and Noel P. Wilkins, Alexander Nimmo, Master Engineer, 1783-1832: public works and civil surveys (Irish Academic Press, 2009), 181,189-90,205,348.

(1) The Valuation Office was at No.106 Lower Baggot Street