Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Painter, decorator and floor-cloth manufacturer, of Grafton Street, Dublin, active from 1806 or earlier until the 1850s. Patrick Boylan was a subscriber to William Stitt's The Practical Architect's Ready Assistant; or Builder's Complete Companion (Dublin, 1819). A Patrick Boylan, junior, is also listed in Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac for 1847 with addresses at 102 Grafton st and Castlewood Avenue, Rathmines.

Addresses: 97 Grafton Street, 1806; 102 Grafton Street, 1814-1816; 102 Grafton Street, 1818-1831; 102 Grafton Street, 49 Baggot Street and Fortfield, Rathmines 1839; 102, Grafton street, 49 Baggot street, and 47 Clarendon street, 1841-1844; 102 Grafton street, 59 Baggot Street, Lower, 47 Clarendon Street and Fortfield, Rathmines Upper, 1847; 102 Grafton Street, 1853.

See WORKS.



References

All information in this entry is from Wilson's Dublin Directory, The Post Office Dublin Directory and Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac.


2 work entries listed in chronological order for BOYLAN, PATRICK *


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. WICKLOW, KILRUDDERY
Date: 1820s
Nature: Painting and paperhanging in house remodelled by Richard and William Vitruvius Morrison.
Refs: John Cornforth & the Knight of Glin, 'Kilruddery, Co. Wicklow - II', Country Life 162, 14 Jul 1977, 147.

Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, WHITEFRIAR STREET, CARMELITE CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL (RC)
Date: 1842ca
Nature: Decoration (scagliola &c) of interior of new nave & north aisle
Refs: Anselm Corbett, Whitefriars St Church, a short guide (1964), 57; Catholic Directory (1844), 387.