Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Civil engineer, of Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin. James Carson studied at the College of Science for four years, obtaining the Diploma in Civil Engineering in 1885. He was then employed by JAMES PRICE  JAMES PRICE in making a survey of the River Erne with a view to carrying out drainage work at Belleek. In 1889 he designed a gallery for Dun Laoghaire Methodist chapel.(1) He disappears from the directories after 1899.

ICEI; elected associate, 13 Apr 1887;(2) member of council 1897.(3)

Address: Fairfield, Highfield Road, Rathgar, 1887; 50 Clarinda Park, Dun Laoghaire, 1887-1899.(4)

See WORKS.



References

All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from ICEI membership applications, II, 111.

(1) IB 31, 1 Jan 1889, 13.
(2) TICEI 18 (1886-7), 29.
(3) TICEI 26 (1896-7), list of council & members.
(4) From ICEI membership lists and Thom's and Post Office directories.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for CARSON, JAMES


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUN LAOGHAIRE, NORTHUMBERLAND AVENUE, METHODIST CHURCH
Date: 1888
Nature: Gallery to give increased accommodation. Builder: Henry Pemberton
Refs: IB 31, 1 Jan 1889, 13