Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder, active in Cos. Tyrone and Fermanagh in the second quarter of the eighteenth century. Edward Kernan was paid £67 for work on the building of Fivemiletown chapel-of-ease in 1736-1741 and was presumably the person of the same name who built the market house at Enniskillen in 1749-1750.

See WORKS.



References

All information from Dr William Roulston, Ulster Historical Foundation, citing Earl of Belmore, The History of Two Ulster Manors (1903), ?, and Municipal Corporations (Ireland) Appendix to the first report of the Commissioners, HC 1836, xxiv, 71-2.


2 work entries listed in chronological order for KERNAN, EDWARD *


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. TYRONE, FIVEMILETOWN, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1736-1741
Nature: EK paid £67 for work on building new chapel-of-ease. For Margetson Armar. Consecrated 28 Aug 1740,
Refs: J.B. Leslie, Clogher Clergy and Parishes  (1929), 140;  information from Dr William Roulston, Ulster Historical Foundation, citing building accounts referred to by Earl of Belmore, The History of Two Ulster Manors (1903), ?;  illus. in Clergy of Clogher  (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2006), 56;  illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 150.
 

Building: CO. FERMANAGH, ENNISKILLEN, MARKET HOUSE
Date: 1749-1750
Nature: EK builder of same.
Refs: Information from Dr William Roulston, Ulster Historical Foundation, citing Municipal Corporations (Ireland) Appendix to the first report of the Commissioners, HC 1836, xxiv, 71-2.