WILSON, ALEXANDER 
- Born: - Died: -
Architect, of Rockland, Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim, active in the first quarter of the nineteenth century. Alexander Wilson, esq., architect, is listed in Pigot & Co.'s City of Dublin and Hibernian Provincial Directory (1824). He was the architect of additions to the rear of the county gaol in Carrickfergus, carried out between 1815 and 1819.(1) See also ARCHIBALD WILSON.
(1) C.E.B. Brett, Court Houses and Market Houses of the Province of Ulster (UAHS, 1973), 29.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for WILSON, ALEXANDER 
|Building:||CO. ANTRIM, CARRICKFERGUS, COUNTY GAOL|
|Nature:||Adds. to rear, consisting chapel, infirmary, judges' retiring room, bath, gaoler's lodge, guard room, execution room. FS laid 1815. Finished 1 Nov 1819 at cost of nearly £16,000. New wings criticised by Thomas Reid as being too small ''for the number it is necessary tgo crowd into it' and as having cell windows which are 'far too small'.|
|Refs:||Thomas Reid, Twavels in Ireland in the year 1822 (1823), 173; C.E.B. Brett, Court Houses and Market Houses of the Province of Ulster (UAHS, 1973), 29.|