- Born: - Died: -
Architect. A person of this name was admitted to the Dublin Society's School of Drawing in Architecture on 11 February 1770.(1) In 1778 Boggs applied for payment for drawing plans of Ballyrain Custom House (presumably Ballyraine on the eastern outskirts of Letterkenny).(2) He may be the person named BOGGS who designed Belleek parish church, circa 1793,(3) and is possibly the same person as JAMES BOGIE who designed Chanter Hill, Enniskillen, in 1784.(4)
(1) The first name is given as James in MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Drawing in Architecture admissions and prizewinners in IAA, but as Joseph in Gitta Willemson, The Dublin Society Drawing Schools 1746-1876 (2000), 7.
(2) NA/PRO (Kew) Cust. 1.143 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc. 2008/44).
(3) Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, eds.Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland, Vol. 14: Parishes of Co. Fermanagh 1834-5 (1992), 3.
(4) Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, eds.Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland, Vol. 4: Parishes of Co. Fermanagh 1834-5 (1990), 65.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for BOGGS, JAMES
|Building:||CO. DONEGAL, BALLYRAINE (LETTERKENNY), CUSTOM HOUSE|
|Nature:||JB applied for payment for drawing plans|
|Refs:||NA/PRO (Kew) Cust, 1.143 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc.2008/44)|