Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Carver and gilder, of 25 Mary Street, Dublin, listed as such in Wilson's Dublin Directory for 1786 and 1798.

Several persons named Timms were admitted to the Dublin Society's School of Drawing in Architecture: William Timms on 16 May 1776; James Timms, on 4 December 1777 and Henry Timms (or Tyms) on 2 April 1818. The latter was awarded a premium on 22 July 1819.(1)



References



(1) MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Drawing in Architecture admissions and prizewinners (in IAA); Gitta Willemson, The Dublin Society Drawing Schools 1746-1876 (2000), 94,96.