- Born: - Died: -
Architect and builder, of Diamond Street, Belturbet, Co. Cavan, listed as such in Pigot and Co.'s City of Dublin and Hibernian Provincial Directory (1824), 362. He remains in the directories until 1846.(1) He built WILLIAM DEAN BUTLER' s court house at Newtownbutler, Co. Fermanagh, between 1828 and 1830.(2)
In 1839 a J. Tilson of Belturbet was named as the executor of the will of John Huggins.
(1) C.E.B. Brett, Court Houses and Market Houses of the Province of Ulster (UAHS, 1973), 83.
(2) See note 1, above.
(3) Index of Irish Wills 1484-1858 (Eneclann CD-ROM), Document ID 32753).
1 work entries listed in chronological order for TILSON, JONATHAN
|Building:||CO. FERMANAGH, NEWTOWNBUTLER, COURT HOUSE|
|Nature:||JT builder of court house to designs by and under superintendence of W.D. Butler. Begun in 1828 and completed summer 1830 at cost of £1077.18s.|
|Refs:||C.E.B. Brett, Court Houses and Market Houses of the Province of Ulster (UAHS, 1973), 83; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 47-48|