Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Quantity surveyors and architects of Dublin. Thomas Francis Slevin, who, according to the 1911 census, was born in Co. Dublin in 1854 or 1855,  was in practice in Dame Street as an architectural and engineering quantity surveyor in partnership with J. Graves Clayton by 1896. This partnership lasted until 1900. Slevin then took his son, J.J. Slevin into partnership. In 1906 they were joined by a second son, T.F. Slevin, Junior, and moved premises to Leinster Street, where they now described themselves as 'architects, civil engineers and surveyors' . Further changes had taken place by 1915 when T.F. Slevin, CE, - perhaps the son rather than the father - was in practice on his own as a quantity surveyor and valuer at 23 St Stephen's Green. Architectural works by T.F. Slevin & Sons recorded in the Irish Builder all date from the years 1908 to 1910.

Addresses: 16 Dame Street, 1896-1906; 8 Leinster Street, 1908;(1) 23 St Stephen's Green North, 1910(2)-1915.
Home: Orlando, Park Avenue, Sydney Parade, Sandymount, 1896-1900;  9 Eglinton Park, Dun Laoghaire, 1911.

See WORKS.



References

All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for in from Thom's and Post Office directories.

(1) Freeman's Journal, 3 Jul 1908.
(2) IB 52, 25 Jun 1910, 414.


12 work entries listed in chronological order for SLEVIN, THOMAS F., & SONS


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, EARL STREET NORTH, NO. 020-22 (BOYERS & CO.)
Date: 1908
Nature: New premises 'in course of erection'. Contractor: H. & J. Martin.
Refs: IB 50, 25 Jul 1908, 465

Building: CO. WEXFORD, ENNISCORTHY, PAROCHIAL HOUSE
Date: 1908
Nature: New parochial house for Rev. Robert Fitzhenry. Tenders invited, Jul 1908.
Refs: Freeman's Journal, 3 Jul 1908.

Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, SANDYMOUNT ROAD, NO. 012 (CANON O'HANLON MEMORIAL SCHOOL)
Date: 1908-1910
Nature: New school near Star of the Sea church. Contractor: William Connolly & Son, Upper Dominick St. Cost: 1714.
Refs: IB 51, 17 Apr,15 May 1909, 241,310; 52, 6 Aug 1910, 503;  Freeman's Journal, 25 Jul 1910;   Clonliffe College Archives MS p1/2

Building: CO. TIPPERARY, THURLES, HOUSE
Date: 1909
Nature: House with out-offices and stabling for Mr J.P. Carrigan.
Refs: IB 51, 17 Apr 1909, 242

Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, DAME STREET, NO. 059-61 (LIPTON)
Date: 1909
Nature: Rebuilding of premises.
Refs: IB 51, 17 Apr 1909, 241

Building: CO. WEXFORD, BUNCLODY, ST MARY'S CONVENT (FAITHFUL COMPANIONS OF JESUS)
Date: 1909
Nature: Alts. & adds. to be carried out.
Refs: IB 51, 10 Jul 1909, 437

Building: CO. KILDARE, MAYNOOTH, HOUSE
Date: 1909
Nature: Alts. & adds. to residence of Pat Beauchamp.
Refs: IB 51, 10 Jul 1909, 437

Building: CO. WEXFORD, ENNISCORTHY, MISSION HOUSE
Date: 1909
Nature: Proposed adds & alts.
Refs: IB 51, 15 May 1909, 309

Building: CO. WEXFORD, FERNS, HOTEL & WAREHOUSE
Date: 1909
Nature: Alts. & adds.
Refs: IB 51, 15 May 1909, 309

Building: CO. WEXFORD, ENNISCORTHY, PRESENTATION CONVENT SCHOOLS
Date: 1909a
Nature: New schools completed.
Refs: IB 51, 10 Jul 1909, 437

Building: CO. MAYO, KILTIMAGH, HOUSE
Date: 1910
Nature: Tenders invited for erection of new house and gate Lodge, for Col. H.B. Jordan, DL.
Refs: IB 52, 25 Jun 1910, 414

Building: CO. MAYO, KILTIMAGH, HOUSE (THORNHILL?)
Date: 1910
Nature: Tenders invited for erecting new residence and gate lodge, for Lt. Col. Henry Bourke Jordan, DL.
Refs: Freeman's Journal, 18 Jun 1910.