Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect, of Longford, who produced drawings and estimates for St John's CI church at Longford. in 1812.(1)





References



(1) Information in letter from Mary O'Carroll, O'Carroll Associates, Roscommon, 15 Jan 2002 (from church records?).


1 work entries listed in chronological order for MCCLELAND, M.


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. LONGFORD, LONGFORD, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI, TEMPLEMICHAEL PARISH)
Date: 1812
Nature: M.McCleland's plans and estimates for renovation and enlargement (of church of 1710?) presented to Select Vestry in 1812.(According to Lewis church was 'a spacious edifice with a tower and spire…repaired and enlarged in 1812, at a cost of £3221 British, being a loan from the late Board of First Fruits') For Rev. Richard Burke.
Refs: S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 606; information in letter from Mary O'Carroll, O'Carroll Associates, Architects, Roscommon, 15 Jan 1002; James MacNamee, History of the Diocese of Ardagh (1954), ?; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 379;  Clergy of Kilmore, Elphin and Ardagh (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2008),310(ILLUS.),311;  Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 253(illus.) .