Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Scottish architectural partnership, of Edinburgh, formed in 1895 or 1896 between John More Dick Peddie (1853-1921) and George Washington Browne (1853-1939) for whom see the Dictionary of Scottish Architects (www.scottish architects.org.uk). In Ireland Peddie & Browne designed a new office for the North British & Mercantile Insurance Co. (1900-1905) at the corner of Dawson and Nassau Streets, Dublin.

See WORKS.




1 work entries listed in chronological order for PEDDIE & BROWNE #


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, DAWSON STREET, NO. 001 (NORTH BRITISH & MERCANTILE INSURANCE CO.)
Date: 1900-1905
Nature: New building on site of Morrison's Hotel. Supervising architect: John Wilson. Contractor: Collen Bros, Dublin & Portadown. Estimated cost: £42,154.
Refs: IAA, PKS 0846, B19/40, B20/09, A08 (May 1901); IB 42, 1 May 1900, 347; 43, 16 Jan,27 Feb,13 Mar 1901, 597,638,656; 44, 16,30 Jan,31 Jul,9 Oct 1902, 999, 1020,1335,1430; 45, 31 Dec 1903, 3063; 47, 29 Jul 1905, 522; www.scottish architects.org.uk, citing National Monuments Record of Scotland, Dick Peddie & McKay collection, DPM 1900/118/1