Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder, of Dublin, active from the 1840s until the 1860s. James Beardwood was a brother of WILLIAM HAUGHTON BEARDWOOD WILLIAM HAUGHTON BEARDWOOD ,(1) whose premises and business he appears to have taken over after the latter's death in 1860.   He himself died suddenly in October 1865.(2)


Addresses:(3) 54 Queen's Square East, <=1844 - >=1847; 6 Cumberland Street South, 1853; 132 Great Brunswick Street and 6 Queen's Square West, 1857; 11 Westland Row, 1863.




References



(1) Information from Dr C.J. Beardwood, Capetown, great-grandson of William Haughton Beardwood.
(2)   DB 7, ref. not given; St Teresa's Church and Monastery, Clarendon Street: Historical Note (leaflet, 1993ca).
(3) From Wilson's Dublin Directory, Post Office Dublin Directory, Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac and Thom's Diraectory.