MURPHY, CHARLES HOMAN
- Born: - Died: -
Architect, of Dublin, active from 1911 until 1941 or later. Charles Homan Murphy obtained the BAI degree from Trinity College, Dublin, in 1911.(1) By 1927 he was architect to the Church of Ireland diocese of Meath and to the united dioceses of Dublin, Glendalough and Kildare,(2) a position which he held until at least 1951.(3)
ICEI: elected member, 6 December 1926;(4) still on list of members in 1958.
Addresses: Work: 23 Suffolk Street, 1927.(5)
Home: 1 Royal Terrace, Dun Laoghaire, <=1927->=1929; Auburn, Malahide, <=1933->=1958.
All information not otherwise accounted for is from the membership lists of ICEI in TICEI and Thom's directories.
(1) R.C. Cox, compiler, Trinity College School of Engineering: 'Graduates' in Engineering 1843-1992 (1993), unpaginated.
(2) Irish Church Directory (1951), 60,108.
(3) Irish Church Directory (1939), 102.
(4) TICEI 53 (1926-27), 32.
(5) See note 2, above.
2 work entries listed in chronological order for MURPHY, CHARLES HOMAN
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, ST ANDREW'S STREET, ST ANDREW'S CHURCH (CI, 3RD)|
|Nature:||Survey? or new work?|
|Refs:||Signed ground plan of church and adjacent parochial hall, dated 1938, in RCB Library|
|Building:||CO. WESTMEATH, ATHLONE, RECTORY|
|Refs:||IAA, PKS 1059.|