Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Engineering and architectural partnership, of Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, formed between JOHN OUSELEY BONSELL MOYNAN JOHN OUSELEY BONSELL MOYNAN , the county surveyor, and ROBERT PAUL GILL ROBERT PAUL GILL , an assistant county surveyor, in or before 1903.(1)

See WORKS.



References



(1) According to Maebh O'Regan, 'Moynan: the art of bridge building', Newsletter of the Inland Waterways Association of Ireland 31, No. 2 (Spring 20004), 1-4, which draws on information provided by Zalie Moynan, John Moynan's granddaughter, Moynan, Gill and five other men, including Moynan's brothers-in-law Wentworth Allen and Henry Flavelle, established a malting company at Islandbawn, Nenagh, in February 1903.


8 work entries listed in chronological order for MOYNAN & GILL


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. TIPPERARY, TEMPLEMORE, WATER SUPPLY
Date: 1903
Nature: Reservoir & conduit dam, for Templemore UDC.
Refs: IB 45, 26 Mar,9 Apr,7 May 1903, 1674,1686,1754

Building: CO. TIPPERARY, NENAGH, CHURCH ROAD, SCHOOL & TEACHER'S RESIDENCE
Date: 1905-06
Nature: Completed, for Select Vestry. Contractor for school & residence: Michael Dooley, Nenagh (£629). Contractor for outbuildings & boundary walls: Patrick Mulcahy, Nenagh (£222)
Refs: B 87, 3 Sep 1904, 260 (advt. for tenders); IB 47, 14 Jan 1905, 38; 48, 19 May 1906, 393(illus.);  73rd Report of the Commissioners of National Education in Ireland (1906/7), 16.

Building: CO. OFFALY, FERBANE, MEDICAL OFFICER'S HOUSE
Date: 1905-06
Nature: In course of erection, for Birr Guardians. Contractor: D.P. Hoctor, Birr. Estimated cost: £1,300.
Refs: B 89, 1 Jul 1905, 26 (advt. for tenders); IB 47, 15,29 Jul,26 Aug 1905, 494,534,594; 48, 19 May 1906, 393(illus)

Building: CO. TIPPERARY, KILLODIERNAN, CURATE'S HOUSE
Date: 1906
Nature: Completed. Contractor: James Burke, Nenagh.
Refs: IB 48, 19 May 1906, 393 (illus.)

Building: CO. TIPPERARY, BORRISOKANE, HOUSES (064)
Date: 1909
Nature: 64 labourers' cottages for Borrisokane RDC.
Refs: IB 51, 11 Dec 1909, 787

Building: CO. TIPPERARY, NENAGH, CONVENT OF MERCY NATIONAL SCHOOL
Date: 1909-10
Nature: Buillt under new regulations requiring 10 sq ft per pupil. On part of site of old gaol, materials of which provided stone for walls. Opened by Dr Fogarty, Bishop of Killaloe. Contractor: Sheridan & Sons, Newbridge. Cost: £6,000. Contractor for furnishing: Hearne & Co, Waterford.
Refs: B 96, 30 Jan,6 Feb 1909, 131,162 (advt. for tenders); IB 51, 23 Jan,6 Feb 1909, 50,82; 52, 19 Mar,17 Sep 1910, 178(illus.),587; Building News 99, 23 Sep 1910, 432

Building: CO. TIPPERARY, PORTROE (NENAGH), CHURCH
Date: 1910
Nature: New ceiling covering entire nave..
Refs: IB 52, 24 Dec 1910, 791

Building: CO. TIPPERARY, NENAGH, SARSFIELD STREET, POST OFFICE
Date: 1910
Nature: Enlargement.
Refs: IB 52, 30 Apr 1910, 286