MOYERS, WILLIAM *
- Born: - Died: 1862a
Builder, of Dublin. William Moyers makes his first appearance in Wilson's Dublin Directory in 1831 as a carpenter and builder in Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin. He remained in Rathfarnham until at least 1839 but by 1844 had moved his business to South Richmond Street, Portobello. He appears to have died by 1863, when only a Mrs Moyers is recorded at Fortfield, his residence in Upper Rathmines, and his son GEORGE MOYERS had taken over the business in South Richmond Street.
William Moyers was presumably a brother or close relative of Joseph Moyers, who was also a builder in Rathfarnham from the 1830s. A Samuel Moyers was admitted to the Dublin Society's School of Drawing in Architecture on 4 November 1847.(1)
Addresses: Rathfarnham, 1831->=1839; 30 South Richmond Street, Dublin, <=1844-1857, also 17 Synge Street, 1857; 47-51 South Richmond Street, 1858 until death.
Home: Fortfield, Upper Rathmines, <=1853 until death.
All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from Wilson's, Post Office, Pettigrew & Oulton's and Thom's directories.
(1) MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Drawing in Architecture admissions and prizewinners (in IAA).