Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Engineers, of Westminster. Mouchel & Partners collaborated with PIERCE PURCELL  PIERCE PURCELL on the construction of the the Kenmare Bridge, opened in 1933.(1)



References



(1) IB 75, 20 May 1933, 405-6.


4 work entries listed in chronological order for MOUCHEL, L.G., & PARTNERS #


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. FERMANAGH, DRUMLONE, BRIDGE OVER RIVER TEMPO
Date: 1909
Nature: 42 ft single-span bridge, desiagned on Hennebique system. One of the earliest ferro-concrete bridges in Ireland. For Lisnaskea Rural District Council.
Refs: Brendan O'Donoghue, The Irish County Surveyors 1834-1944 (Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2007), 120

Building: CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, ST JOHN'S BRIDGE
Date: 1910
Nature: New ferro-concrete bridge of 140ft clear span designed by Alexander Mitchell Burden in association with Mouchel & Partners.
Refs: Brendan O'Donoghue, The Irish County Surveyors 1834-1944 (Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2007), 118

Building: CO. WEXFORD, FERRYCARRIG, BRIDGE OVER RIVER SLANEY
Date: 1912
Nature: Reinforced concrete 12-span bridge. (Replaced 1979)
Refs: TICEI 105, 2

Building: CO. KERRY, KENMARE, BRIDGE (NEW)
Date: 1932-33
Nature: Reinforced concrete bridge comprising 2 150-ft parabolic arches passing through deck. By Mouchel & Partners, in collaboration with Pierce Purcell. Opened May 1933. Cost: £10,000. Contractor: A.E. Farr, London.
Refs: IB 75, 20 May 1933, 405-6; R.C. Cox & M.H. Gould, Civil Engineering Heritage: Ireland (1998), 269-70(illus.)