Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect, of 62 Berners Street, London, and Haslemere, Surrey, for whom see Directory of British Architects 1834-1914, II, 137. William C. Marshall was the architect of the Physical Laboratory, (completed 1906) and the School of Botany (completed 1907) at Trinity College, Dublin, both erected at the expense of the Earl of Iveagh.(1)

See WORKS.



References



(1) IB 46, 3 Dec 1904, 806; 47, 29 Jul 1905, 522; 49, 24 Aug 1907, 593; 59, 21 Jul 1917, 353.


2 work entries listed in chronological order for MARSHALL, WILLIAM CECIL #


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, COLLEGE GREEN, TRINITY COLLEGE, PHYSICAL LABORATORY
Date: 1904-1906
Nature: Gift of the Earl of Iveagh. Contractor: H. & J. Martin.
Refs: IAA, PKS 0844, B20/29, A08 (Dec 1904); TCD Muniments, MUN/P/2/422,423; IB 46, 3 Dec 1904, 806; 47, 29 Jul 1905, 522; 49, 24 Aug 1907, 593; 59, 21 Jul 1917, 353; C.H. Holland, ed., Trinity College Dublin and the idea of a university (1991), 162;  Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 410.

Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, COLLEGE GREEN, TRINITY COLLEGE, SCHOOL OF BOTANY
Date: 1904-1907
Nature: Gift of the Earl of Iveagh. Contractor: H. & J. Martin. Cost: £6,245.
Refs: IAA, PKS 0873, B21/02, A08 (Jul 1906); 21 letters from WCM concerning harbarium to Prof. H.H. Dixon, 1912, in TCD Muniments, MUN/P/2/425; IB 46, 3 Dec 1904, 806; 47, 29 Jul 1905, 522; 49, 24 Aug 1907, 593; 59, 21 Jul 1917, 353; C.H. Holland, ed., Trinity College Dublin and the idea of a university (1991), 162;  Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 410.