Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder, of Dublin, listed as such in Wilson's Dublin Directory for 1837 with an address at 2 Blackhall Street and similarly in the Post Office Directory for 1839. In the Post Office Directory for 1844 he has a second address at Vernon Avenue, Clontarf, but in Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac for 1841 and 1847 his business address is given as 61 Queen Street and his residence as 2 Blackhall Street. His address has changed again in the Post Office Directory for 1853 to 2 Blackhall Street and 5 Bessborough Terrace, Circular Road North, and in the edition for 1857 to 5 & 6 Bessborough Terrace.

Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac for 1841 also lists a carpenter named William Magrath at 152 Townsend Street. By 1857 another builder of the same name is listed at 3 Carlisle Terrace, Circular Road North. The latter appears to have gone into gentlemanly retirement as William Magrath, Esq., of 5 Carlisle Terrace, by 1863.