Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

'Architect and builder', of 12 North Earl Street, Dublin, active from the 1810s until 1841 or later. Roger Magenis is described as an 'architect and builder' in Wilson's Dublin Directory but simply as a builder, or builder and carpenter, in the Post Office Directory for 1839 and Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac for 1841.

A Roger McGuinness was admitted to the Dublin Society's School of Drawing in Architecture on 3 May 1798 and a Richard Magennis on 5 April 1810.(1)

Address:(2) 12 North Earl Street, <=1815(3)->=1841.



References



(1) MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Architectural Drawing admissions and prizewinners (in IAA).
(2) From Wilson's Dublin Directory, Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac and the Post Office Directory.
(3) In Wilson's Dublin Directory for 1815 and 1816 his name is given as Robert Magenis and in the 1815 edition only his address as 18 Earl Street.