Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Scottish engineer who, with JOHN BUSBY JOHN BUSBY , was employed by the third Marquess of Downshire to develop and improve Dundrum, Co. Down. In 1811 the Busbys started to build a pair of semi-detached houses for themselves in Main Street, Dundrum (later known as called The Manor House and The Lodge) to plans which had been prepared for Lord Downshire in London, but they were dismissed in 1812 for unsatisfactory service before the houses were finished.



References

All information in this entry is from Gordon Wheeler, 'John Lynn - Architect/Contractor/Engineer', Lecale Miscellany (1997), 45-46.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for BUSBY, DANIEL #


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DOWN, DUNDRUM, MAIN STREET, HOUSES (002)
Date: 1811-12
Nature: Pair of semi-detached houses built by Daniel and John Busby for themselves on Downshire estate to designs prepared in London by Arthur, 3rd Marquess of Downshire. Dismissed before buildeings were finished.
Refs: Gordon Wheeler, 'John Lynn - Architect/Contractor/Engineer', Lecale Miscellany (1997), 45-46