Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect and CE, of Kenmare, Co. Kerry, active in the first decade of the twentieth century. J.S. Lucid was living in Dublin in 1903 when he became a member of the AAI. By 1904 he had moved to Kenmare, and in 1905 he was responsible for the erection of a church at Kilgarvan, Co. Kerry.(1) No further works are recorded. In 1908 or 1909 he returned to Dublin, where he worked in the office of the Congested Districts Board.

AAI: elected member, 1903; no longer a member for session 1910-11.

Addresses: 93 Baggot Street Lower, 1903; Blackwater Cottage, Kenmare, 1904-1908; Congested Districts Board, Rutland Square, 1909.

See WORKS.



References

All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from AAI membership lists in AAI Green Books.

(1) IB 46, 16 Jul 1904, 456; 47, 8,22 Apr,3 Jun 1905, 249,278,394.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for LUCID, J.S.


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. KERRY, KILGARVAN, CHURCH (RC?)
Date: 1905
Nature: New. Contractor: T. Gallivan, Killarney. (£2,266).
Refs: IB 46, 16 Jul 1904, 456; 47, 8,22 Apr,3 Jun 1905, 249,278,394.