- Born: - Died: -
Architect and CE, of Dublin. William Louch, a younger son of JOHN HOWARD LOUCH , described at the time of his father's funeral in 1867 as a lieutenant in the First Royal Cheshire Light Infantry,(1) carried on his father's architectural practice after the latter's death in 1867 together with his brother THOMAS KINGSTON LOUCH . The business of William & Thomas K. Louch came to an end in 1871, when William Louch was declared insolvent.(2) William Louch may probably then emigrated to Canada, where he died some time after June 1894.
All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from Mrs Dorothy Anderson (née Louch), great-great-granddaughter of John Louch, 7/88 Clowes Street, South Yarra, 3141, Australia, and from the family tree and history compiled by John Lascelles, 2009 (copy in IAA, Jones file L73); the history includes a transcript of Fitzgibbon Louch's 'Statement of the Louch family from their transplanting to Ireland in 17--'.
(1) IB 9, 1 Sep 1867, 219.
(2) IB 13, 1 Aug 1871, 204; he is described here as 'architect and CE…also captain in the First Cheshire militia in England'; in July 1867 Louch and his brother Thomas Kingston Louch attended the presentation in Dublin of a watch and chain to J.W. Martin, see IB 9, 15 Jul 1867, 183.
3 work entries listed in chronological order for LOUCH, WILLIAM
|Building:||CO. WICKLOW, ENNISKERRY, CHURCH (CI, POWERSCOURT PARISH, OLD)|
|Nature:||Two large vaults, one in church (26ft x 10ft by 7 ft) and one in churchyard (15ft x 14ft x 7ft), for Lady Verner. Designed by William and Thomas Kingston Louch. Builder: J. Sloane & Son.|
|Refs:||IB 9, 1 Nov 1867, 287.|
|Building:||CO. MEATH, BALLYGARTH CASTLE (JULIANSTOWN)|
|Nature:||Alts. & adds. for Thomas Pepper, with Thomas K. Louch. Builder: James Sloan & Son.|
|Refs:||IB 9, 1 Nov 1867, 287|
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, GOATSTOWN, MOUNT ANNVILLE ROAD, MOUNT ANVILLE HOUSE|
|Nature:||Extensive alts. & imps, for Henry Roe, jr. Builder: George Moyers, 51 S Richmond St. . £2,300.|
|Refs:||IAA, PKS missing account book, old ref. A/10; IB 10, 15 Mar 1868, 74|